Monday, March 3, 2008


I gotta new drug

one I hope won't make me sick. Like the last one did in pursuit of ending my spasticity.

It's called Clonazepam. Such a friendly little name. Not such a friendly little drug.

Clonazepam (marketed by Roche under the trade-names Klonopin in the United States and Rivotril or Rivatril in Europe, South America, Canada, India, and Australia) is a drug which is a benzodiazepine derivative. It is a highly potent anticonvulsant and anxiolytic.


Side effects

Common

* Nausea
* Drowsiness
* Impairment of cognition and judgment
* Irritability and aggression[40]
* Psychomotor agitation[41]
* Impaired motor function
o Impaired coordination
o Impaired balance
o Dizziness
* Anterograde amnesia (common with higher doses)
* Some users report hangover-like symptoms of being drowsy, having a headache, being sluggish, and being irritable after waking up if the medication is taken before sleep. This is likely the result of the medication's long half-life, which continues to affect the user after waking up, as well as its disruption of the REM cycle.



more...


Makes me wonder how I will know the difference...

Anyway, the big Doc over the hill prescribed 'em and I'm desperate enough for some sleep to give them a go. So I picked up the bottle tonight and read the label (always RTFL on drugs, then you know how much to take *nod*) and it said "Take HALF or ONE tablet at night".

Cool. I could take a whole one and go out like a light (the doc reckons it's gonna be good). Or I could start out careful-like, in case it really knocks me around. "Hmmm", I pondered... "what would a grown-up do?".

I took half. I can always take the other half later. *sigh* It looks like a whole new roller coaster ride from here.

No comments:


Gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc - We gladly feast on those who would subdue us ...