Monday, October 6, 2008


Let's get physical

Honestly, I wish I looked half as good as Olivia Newton John did when she made that rather scary little Physical music vid, it would give me something to soothe me as I walk more than the equivalent of a city block tomorrow morning just to reach the front door of the hospital, in preparation for walking down their long loooong corridor that leads you to anywhere that isn't ED just to get to walk miles back down another corridor to get to the gym where my new physiotherapist (lovely as she is) will encourage me to do exercises to help with my mobility.

Oh, the irony. By the time I get to the gym I'll have to turn around and walk back the other way because by then I'll be needing ED.

Another irony is the lack of disabled car parks at Tauranga Hospital. Even the public carpark is a long steep ramp and a really slow lift ride up the cliff away. That'll be why they park all doctors right outside the building - because they wouldn't get there in time otherwise. Obviously the administrators of our fine Government funded healthcare institution didn't read the bit about their role being to provide accessible health care to their community. They don't want us spastics and cripples in their building, oh no. Yet it's us sickos sickies that keep them their jobs - without us they would have doctors standing around at 1am drinking coffee, eating cake and chatting about rugby together. Oh yeah, they already do. Bunch of over paid brain dead numpties the lot of them.



Shame I can't actually walk for shit at the moment, innit. I think I'd better go ask the Universe for a park outside the old Maternity Annexe - if they'd hurry up and bulldoze it now that they make the labouring Mum's walk down that same damned long corridor whilst in labour (I kid you not) and go up in the lift to the next floor they could provide tons of parking for disabled people. It's supposed to be going to be a carpark anyway...

[/grump]

I'm not doing very good at the moment - can you tell?

Tissue, anyone?

1 comment:

Flattie said...

Big Hugs, Waikato have a flash new carpark building with good lifts that folk just love to jump off. It too is miles from anywhere, but at least they have information people on each floor that are happy to summon a wheelchair & orderly if its needed. Not much consolation I know. Also, nearly half the ground floor of the carpark building is reserved for disabled parking. Its a start I guess. Love ya heaps....


Gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc - We gladly feast on those who would subdue us ...