Saturday, July 12, 2008


It's mint

[geek]I've been rediscovering the joy of pissing about with my own computers and operating systems this week, having acquired a different version of XP and a new *nix distro, called Linux Mint, a variant of Ubuntu.



I downloaded and burnt the iso this morning, ran it as a live cd for an hour or 3 this afternoon then installed it on a spare hard drive tonight, slaved on the 733 shitbox in the upstairs lounge and dual booting with the Slim XP I installed on it in place of Win98 the day before yesterday. [/end geek]

Ripper.

I remember why I loved this shit now. I think it's the only bit of those Polytech years I'll bother to try to keep.

Ads got up on his hind legs today and went to Classic Flyers. He was rapt to be able to show me their latest acquisition when I picked him up this afternoon - the cockpit of a De Havilland Vampire which arrived at 8 last night from Ohakea. It's very cool.

2 comments:

Flattie said...

Uhmmm yeah.. I pissed about with my puter today too. I turned it on an surfed youtube....

Morticia said...

You shouldn't piss on it. It's bad.

PS remind me never to handle your PC again, not now I know what those funny yellowish stains on it are...


Gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc - We gladly feast on those who would subdue us ...