Tuesday, October 16, 2007


WOTW

No, not War Of The Worlds, although my souvenir cup Jamie and Jude got me at the Live show in Auckland a few weeks ago is very nice, no it's Word of The Week and today's WOTW is "transmogrify".


Main Entry:
trans·mog·ri·fy
Pronunciation:
\tran(t)s-ˈmä-grə-ˌfī, tranz-\
Function:
verb
Inflected Form(s):
trans·mog·ri·fied; trans·mog·ri·fy·ing
Etymology:
origin unknown
Date:
1656

transitive verb : to change or alter greatly and often with grotesque or humorous effect
intransitive verb : to become transmogrified
synonyms see transform


"to change or alter greatly and often with grotesque or humorous effect" - haven't I been doing this to the Blogscape for a long time? I'll let you decide whether it's been humourous or grotesque.

I don't really give a shit either way.

No comments:


Gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc - We gladly feast on those who would subdue us ...