Monday, September 29, 2008


A sticky situation

Ages ago, I blogged about stupid sayings and pondered who the hell comes up with phrases like "better than a poke in the eye with a blunt stick".

I found out today that, while there may be many things worse than a poke in the eye with a blunt stick, there are a shitload that are better and to prove it, I poked myself. In the eye. With a blunt stick.

I can quite confidently say that it fucking hurts, even some four hours later. I also recommend that you folks don't try it at home - I wish I hadn't. I am the idiot your mother warned you about.

And that's all I have to say about that.

Tomorrow, I might try running with scissors. Or walking quickly now I can't run any more. Somehow I don't think it will be quite the same though, hmmm?

1 comment:

Flattie said...

Just don't make any strange faces if the wind is at all variable. I've just gotten used to the one ya be wearing now...


Gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc - We gladly feast on those who would subdue us ...