Monday, December 10, 2007


WOTD - faction

Main Entry: fac·tion
Pronunciation: \ˈfak-shən\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle French & Latin; Middle French, from Latin faction-, factio act of making, faction — more at fashion
Date: 1509

1 : a party or group (as within a government) that is often contentious or self-seeking : clique
2 : party spirit especially when marked by dissension




I like my personal interpretation better:

Pronunciation: \ˈfak-shun\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle New Zealand; from Latin flaction - a pseudo-reality,
Date: 2007

1 : a new reality based on a combination of fictional existence and factual personality as employed by self-professed autobiographical quasi-profilers.

2 : shit people make up about themselves


Ian has been nagging me again about writing a book, reckons I'd make a good job of it. God knows why, he hates my blogs. He even came up with a working title for it. I said he was a twat, that there was no way I could write a book and even if I did, the book I wasn't doing a crappy job writing already didn't have a working title.

God Bless the English language and all the double negatives within her.

I think any book I didn't write would have to be a work of faction i.e. all made up real shit about me without anyone knowing it was me, and that if I was to do it justice, there would be no way that I would want anyone I know to read it.

So now he isn't coming up with a good, generic pseudonym.

It would serve him right if I did write a book and make him bloody read it.

No comments:


Gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc - We gladly feast on those who would subdue us ...