Monday, December 31, 2007


On the Eve

Today, the last day of the year, my parents would have been celebrating their 52nd wedding anniversary if Mum hadn't snuffed it 11 years ago. Very unhelpful of her, I feel.

#1 NYR is to follow the previous 6 ideals

25/12: To get better at accepting things I cannot change.
26/12: Become more self-sustaining. Rely on no-one for happiness.
27/12: Learn patience.
28/12: Have the balls to do what's right, say what's right, not do what's easy to say or do.
29/12: Spend more time sitting and sleeping in the moonlight.
30/12: Appreciate the Now and ignore Tomorrow. Tomorrow will be the Now in its turn.
31/12: Have the inner fortitude to faithfully follow these ideals and integrate them into every day life, even when it seems too hard to achieve.

Happy New Year one and all. May it bring you many Blessings and much laughter. God knows, most of us can use more of both.

Here's a giggle to take you through the changeover - Achmed the Dead Terrorist. Heather turned me onto him a couple of months ago. He's funny.



We are off to Thames and I'm going to get pissed and have myself a blast with two of my most favourite people in the world. Ciao :0)

No comments:


Gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc - We gladly feast on those who would subdue us ...